Sacral Chakra Symbology
The meaning of the Sacral Chakra Symbol is:
- 6 petals represent the 6 afflictive emotions of lust, anger, greed, delusion, pride, and envy
- The center symbol is the letter for VAM the bija mantra
- The moon represents the water element
- The outer and inner circles that form the crescent moon symbolize the conscious dimensions and unconscious dimensions of existence.
Sacral Chakra General Information
- The location for the Sacral chakra is the middle of the belly region.
- The element & energy of the Sacral Chakra is the Water & liquid energy state.
- The color of the Sacral Chakra is the color Orange.
- The body parts & Organs associated with the Sacral Chakra are the womb, sex organs, bladder, spleen, kidneys, sacrum, tongue and gonads.
- The Sense that governs the Sacral Chakra is the sense of Taste.
- The Sounds that relate to the Sacral Chakra are the Bija mantra Vam and vowel sound ‘oo’ as in pool.
- The Challenge of the Sacral Chakra is Guilt.
- Identity and rights Emotional identity and the right to feel and have pleasure.
- The Physical Malfunctions that can occur from a under or over active Sacral Chakra are the disorders of reproductive organs, spleen, urinary system; menstrual difficulties; sexual dysfunction; low back pain, knee trouble, lack of flexibility; deadened senses, loss of appetite for food, sex or life.
- The Yoga Poses that can assist in balancing the Sacral Chakra are Hip stretches, pigeon, lotus, bound angle. For more yoga poses and information on the poses click here.
- The hand Mudra that can bring more movement in the body is the Bhudi Mudra or fluid Mudra – place tip of thumb and little finger together; extend the other fingers outward.
- The Essential Oils for the Sacral Chakra that can help women with menstrual problems are Clary Sage, Elemi, Fennel, Galbanum, Geranium, Jasmine, Melissa, Neroli, Rose, Rosewood, and Ylang Ylang. Oils that are considered aphrodisiacs and may assist with impotence or lack of sexual drive are Black Pepper, Cinnamon, Clary Sage, Jasmine, Patchouli, Petitgrain, Rose, Rosemary, Sandalwood, and Ylang Ylang. Essential oils that encourage free flow of the urinary system are Anise, Black Pepper, Cardamom, Fennel, Garlic, Geranium, Juniper, Lemon, Rosemary, and Sage. The essential oils that encourage us to emit the higher frequencies of emotion are Elemi, Frankincense, Geranium, Jasmine, Lavender, Melissa, Neroli, Rose, and Rosewood.
- Other healing practices for the Sacral Chakra are Reiki bio-field clearing work, Movement therapy, emotional release, inner child work, boundary work, 12 step programs for addiction, assign healthy pleasures.
- Affirmations can assist in the identification of thought and belief patterns that hinder the health of the Sacral Chakra.
Ability to embrace change
Nurturance of self and others
Ability to enjoy pleasure
a passionate life
Addiction to stimulation
Excessive mood swings
Invasion of others boundaries
Healing Techniques for the Over Active Sacral Chakra:
- Water – drink more to flush out any toxins in your body.
- Fluidity - Move your body mindfully every day: walk or do yoga
- Addictions – address them through Reiki Bio-Field Clearing Sessions.
- Feng shui – still water features can bring peace. (change the water regularly)
Rigidity in your body, beliefs, or behaviors
Emotional numbness or insensitivity
Fear of change
Lack of desire, passion or excitement
Avoidance of pleasure,
Fear of sexuality
Poor social skills with excessive boundaries
Healing Techniques for the Under Active Sacral Chakra:
- Water - Drink more water
- Emotional Intelligence - pick an Affirmation from the Sacral Chakra Affirmations or customize one for yourself.
- Fluidity - Move your body everyday – dance with music at home privately, do yoga, walk, run, bicycle, or make love. If you work at a desk, stretch every 20 minutes. Breath workshops to move stuck emotions.
- Sexuality – have a Reiki Bio-Field treatment to integrate old belief about pleasure. Also consider taking a sexual Tantra workshop to safely expand your normal habits.
- Feng shui – running water features can get things moving.