3rd Eye Chakra
3rd Eye Chakra Symbology
The meaning of the 3rd Eye Chakra symbol is:
- 2 petals represent the ida and pingala nadis or the manifest and unmanifest mind, as well as the pineal and pituitary glands. ‘Ham’ is the left petal which is shiva and ‘ksham is the letter of the right petal representing Shakti.
- The inner triangle represents Shakti, the Goddess. Some sources say the circle represents the eye, the seeing of the highest Truth
- Bija Mantra Symbol is Om pictured in the center
3rd Eye Chakra
- The Location of the 3rd eye chakra is the center of the head located between the eye brows.
- The Element & energy is Light & Energy state of luminescence.
- The Color is Indigo blue.
- The Body parts & Organs are the Eyes, forehead, sides and back of head and pineal gland.
- The Sense is our Inner knowing.
- The activation Sounds are OM or the sound ‘mmmm’.
- The Challenge is Illusion.
- The Identity and rights are Archetypal identity and the right ‘to see’.
- The Physical Malfunctions are Illusion, Headaches, nightmares, hallucinations, eye strain, insomnia, vision problems.
- The balancing yoga poses are Spinal twists, yoga mudra (forehead to floor), child pose.
- The hand Mudra for focusing on the 3rd eye chakra is Hakini Mudra – Place all the fingertips together. Helps promote the cooperation between the right and left brain hemispheres.
- The Essential Oils used in meditation and spiritual rituals all help to open the third eye and bring us closer to conscious thought. Some of these oils are frankincense, rose, neroli, elemi, rose, jasmine, melissa, lavender and sandalwood.Oils for headaches are lavender, tea tree, eucalyptus, jasmine, peppermint, hyssop, melissa, chamomile, marjoram and rosemary.
- Other healing practices for balancing the 3rd eye chakra are to create visual art, coloring and drawing, art therapy, meditation, dream work, hypnosis, guided visualization, past life regression, working with memory.
- To use Affirmations to bring healing click here.
3rd Eye Chakra
- Strong intuition
- Penetrating insight
- Creative imagination
- Good memory
- Good dream recall
- Ability to visualize
- Has a guiding vision for life
- Intrusive memories
- Difficulty concentrating
- Excessive fantasizing
Healing for Over Active 3rd Eye:
- Daily meditation
- Reestablish physical and emotional connections
- Grounding exercises such as sending a line to the center of earth and feeling your feet on the ground.
- Have bedrooms in softer lighting and the color more monochromatic which is soothing
- Keep a dream journal. Record your dream and later look at what symbolic themes emerge most frequently. Look at each element in the dream as reflecting some aspect of yourself – even the inanimate objects like cars, houses, etc. See what qualities these objects have. Use EFT or Theta Brainwave healing to help heal old issues.
- Lack of imaginationDifficulty visualizing
- Excessive skepticism
- Denial (can’t see what’s going on)
- Inability to see alternatives
Healing for Under Active 3rd Eye:
- Eye exercise – see Meditation Section
- Frequent exposure to full spectrum of natural light
- Dress colorfully to stimulate your seeing. Go to places that are visually stimulating, pleasing to the eye or inspiring.
- Color meditation – see Meditation Section.
- Have your house lit up with natural light or with lamps. Make sure the light in the bedrooms are softer.
- Make your living space beautiful. Set your table with beauty, dress in ways that adorn you, visit places of beauty